On this page you can learn about:
- How We Work With Clients
- What You Should Know
- Fees and Payment
- How To Become a New Client
- Frequently Asked Questions
The way that we work with clients differs significantly from the typical way you may be accustomed to receiving healthcare. Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with how we offer treatment.
Be sure to also read the section towards the bottom of the page that describes the fee structure.
We embrace an integrative and functional medicine approach to care, with an emphasis on managing stress and sleep through the use of acupuncture, nutrition, herbal medicine, meditation, and exercise.
As a new client, your treatment is broken into three parts:
Each part is described below in more detail.
The Initial Visit is the first step for all new clients. It is a comprehensive, personalized appointment designed to:
- Ensure we have all of the information needed to see the "big picture" of the various factors affecting your health condition.
- Identify the underlying patterns of imbalance contributing to your poor health condition.
- Provide the platform to establish a personalized treatment plan and estimate what it will include and how much it will cost.
- Provide the chance for you to ask any questions about your condition or suggested treatment, and what you should expect.
Your Initial Visit includes:
- A review of your chief complaints, most important health goals, overall current condition, medical history, and relevant lab work.
- A review of your current use of medications, diet, and nutritional supplements.
- A detailed assessment of your body systems in relation to presenting signs and symptoms.
- A treatment plan consisting of acupuncture, diet, herbal medicine supplements, and/ or lifestyle therapies.
- Diet, herbal medicine, and/ or lifestyle consulting
- Acupuncture treatment
- Recommendations for further testing (if necessary).
Please Note: Your first acupuncture treatment will be provided during your Initial Visit.
Based on the treatment plan established during your Initial Visit, Follow-up Visits consist of 30-minute, 60-minute, or 90-minute appointments.
Follow-up Visits include:
- Acupuncture treatment by itself, or in combination with diet, herbal medicine, and/ or lifestyle consulting.
- Diet, herbal medicine, and/ or lifestyle consulting without acupuncture treatment.
Ongoing Follow-up Visits are scheduled on an as-needed basis throughout the remainder of your treatment plan. At each visit, we will review your progress on the treatment plan and make additional recommendations as necessary.
Please Note: The length and frequency of your Follow-up Visits will depend upon the severity of your condition as well as your response to the treatment.
Depending on the complexity of your condition, your case may need further review and evaluation beyond what can be done during your First Visit or Follow-Up Visits. In these instances, you will be recommended for a Case Review.
The Case Review is designed for people with complex health conditions that require a broader and more detailed analysis, and closer examination. The goal is to target the underlying root factors influencing your health and lay out a more detailed and personalized treatment plan. The Case Review includes:
- in-depth research, analysis and review of your condition, including relevant lab testing
- comprehensive consultation for dietary and lifestyle modifcation, including the use of supplements
Please Note: Does not include costs for additional lab work.
- 90-minutes: $120
- Basic, 60-minutes: $80
- Expanded, 90-minutes: $100
- Comprehensive, 120-minutes: $120
- Basic, 30-minutes: $40
- Expanded, 60-minutes: $80
- 90-minutes: $180
†All payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash and all major credit cards. Herbs and nutritional supplements sold separately.
Becoming a new client is easy:
- Schedule your Initial Visit by calling 818-850-3050 or send us a message.
- Receive and fill in "New Client" paperwork (can be filled in at your appointment).
- Submit paperwork and any other relevant information (ie lab results) at your Initial Visit.
Q: Do you accept insurance?
- A: No, we do not take insurance. However we can provide clients with a medical invoice after each appointment showing what was paid to our office, and this can be submitted to begin the claims process directly with the insurance company for possible reimbursement. But you will need to check with your insurance company for their guidelines on what they will reimburse to you.
Q: Do you accept payment plans?
- A: No, we do not have payment plans.
Q: Can you help my specific condition?
- A: We can help improve a wide variety of interrelated signs and symptoms and biomedically defined diseases primarily by addressing underlying conditions of poor health such as disorders of the digestive system, or immune system, or nutrient imbalances, etc. The best way to find out if we can help with your specific condition is to schedule an Initial Visit by calling 818-850-3050 or send us a message.