On this page you can learn about:
- Who Do We Help?
- How Do We Help?
- What Is Our Philosophy?
- What Conditions Do We Treat?
- What Therapies Do We Offer
We treat clients with a wide range of physical and mental health problems, from allergies, digestive disorders, musculoskeletal problems, and chronic infections, to autoimmune disease, mood disorders, depression, and anxiety. We also treat clients interested in promoting and supporting wellness.
Clients who do best under our care:
- Don’t want to solely rely on unnecessary use of drugs and medical intervention
- Are interested in discovering the underlying cause of their problems, instead of suppressing symptoms
- Are motivated to play an active role in their own healing process
- Are willing to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to support health and well-being
You can think of us as your "Personal Health Investigator". We are focused on targeting and uprooting the underlying cause of an illness, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
- We use a detailed and thorough medical history and examination to investigate and understand the core systems of the body and how they are functioning in relation to presenting signs and symptoms.
- We use a comprehensive analysis of presenting signs and symptoms to understand their relationship to one another, their cause, and their pathological trajectory.
- We identify and target the underlying root cause of an illness.
- We then use acupuncture, nutritional therapy, herbal medicine, supplements, stress management, detoxification, and lifestyle changes to help transform the framework of poor health that is cultivating the foundation for disease.
We practice a variation of a new model of medicine, sometimes referred to as “functional” "integrative" or “systems” medicine. Our philosophy is to assist each person in restoring health and supporting long-lasting healing by stimulating the body's own innate natural healing process. Our guiding principles include:
- Respect, empower, educate and encourage people to play active role in their own healing process.
- Treat a person's needs, not the disease, with highly individualized treatments.
- Achieve more profound and longer lasting results by focusing on the underlying cause of the problem.
- Promote optimal functional health, improve quality of life, and support overall wellbeing.
- Transform the framework of poor health that is cultivating the foundation for disease
- Produce mild or no side effects.
- Treat conditions of poor health before they can become identifiable diseases.
- View the body as an interconnected unifying whole system that is in dynamic relationship to its environment.
- Emphasize the importance of mental health, diet, and lifestyle.
Because we view each person as an integral whole, there is a large collection of a wide range of signs and symptoms and biomedically-defined diseases that we can help treat, including:
- Autoimmune disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic sinusitis
- Chronic infections
- Digestive disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux)
- Elevated cholesterol
- Environmental and food allergies
- Female disorders (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, PCOS)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, insulin resistance
- Migraines and headaches
- Musculoskeletal pain, discomfort, or tension
- Overweight and obesity
- Sleep disorders and insomnia
- Herbal Medicine
- Holistic Lifestyle Counseling
Make Your Appointment Today!
Proudly serving Studio City, Toluca Lake, North Hollywood, Burbank, and surrounding neighborhoods of Los Angeles, CA.